06 Dec Why You Need Yearly Dryer Vent Cleaning
When was the last time you scheduled your dryer vent cleaning? If the answer is never, or that it’s been over a year, this is your sign to schedule a cleaning now!
Your dryer vent is a crucial element of your dryer that needs to be professionally cleaned at least once a year. This will help your unit run efficiently and last longer, but it will also prevent dangerous hazards to your home and family. Schedule an annual dryer vent cleaning with us to ensure yours is kept clean, clear, and safe!
What is the Danger of a Dirty Dryer Vent?
When your dryer vent goes without its yearly cleaning and maintenance, lint can build up. This is dangerous for a couple of reasons! This includes:
- Overheating – When a dryer vent is clogged and can’t exhaust properly, this can overheat your unit. This overheating may start a fire, and the lint clogging your vent is a quick fire-starter.
- Carbon Monoxide – If your home has a gas dryer, a lint-clogged vent can allow carbon monoxide to enter your home. This presents a risk of poisoning your family.
Here are some signs your dryer vents are clogged and may have begun to overflow:
- Your dryer often takes more than one cycle to dry
- Clothes are leaving your dryer damp
- The outside of your dryer feels extra hot to the touch
- There’s a strange smell when your dryer is running
- Lint buildup is visible outside the trap and vent
If you’ve been experiencing any of these signs, it may be due to a clogged dryer vent– a situation that should be checked out before further use.
What are the Benefits of a Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Cleaning your dryer vent is first and foremost about safety, but it also comes with added benefits to you! With a clear passageway for air, it may be no surprise that your dryer’s performance will be much better.
Here are some of the benefits of your yearly dryer vent cleaning:
- Faster drying time – With the ability to exhaust properly, your clothes will often get dry quicker.
- Less damage done to clothes – Since your clothes will be spending less time in the dryer, there will be less damage done over time to them.
- Lower electric costs – Without having to run multiple dryer cycles, your electric bill will be lower monthly.
- Longer dryer life – Since your dryer is running at its most efficient, you can expect that its lifetime will be extended. Dirty dryer vents mean your unit works harder, so it will have a shorter lifespan.
To learn more about our dryer vent cleaning services, get in touch! We’re happy to keep Tucson local families and their homes safe with maintenance for their dryers, water heaters, and AC units.